I'm excited to announce the 0.3.0 release of Perpetually Talking Online!
This is the third release of Perpetually Talking Online, an
IRC frontend to Matrix. PTO implements an IRC daemon with the Matrix network as
its backend allowing communities to turn their walled gardens into semipermeable
This is a pre-1.0 release. The design of PTO is unstable until 1.0. This release
contains a number of improvements and bugfixes:
- Redacted messages do not cause a crash
- This uses the new /sync API, fixing issues of dropped messages, latency, and
- The IRC parser has been made more robust for more clients
- Backlogs are played back on connect
- Anonymous logins are allowed as proof-of-concept, though you can't join a channel or anything else
- SSL handling is made more robust against DOSes
- It is now harder to inadvertently include raw, confidential client logs in
logging output. To recompile with logs, add --features raw_logs to your cargo
- By default, rust will output some useful logging and pick a sane default for
RUST_LOG to aid in troubleshooting. To disable this, set RUST_LOG to "".
Many thanks to @ara4n for their contributions to
support for redacted messages, and others for their bug reports and kind words!